Raw stoneware planter, inspired by intense mountain-top winds
After climbing Yosemite’s Cathedral Peak, artist Jaclyn Souza was inspired by the harsh conditions found at mountain summits — crafting this handsome stoneware planter with those intense winds in mind. The vessel was hand thrown, hand painted, and hand etched to mimic the mountaintop environment. The result is a subtle, earthy design, letting whatever greenery you pair it with it really stand out.
- Raw stoneware
- Each vessel is totally handmade, giving subtle variations between pieces
- Thrown and carved by hand in California
- High-fire ceramic stoneware
- Lead-free slip
- 4.5in diameter
Notes from the Artist
- On Inspiration: "Nature has a way of keeping me humble and teaching me exactly what is needed in that moment. I draw my inspiration for my craft from the experiences and interactions I have while out exploring. I take pride in creating functional art that people bring into their homes and interact with daily."
- On Intention: "Uzumati Ceramics brings a bit of nature into the home and hands in hopes of bridging the gap between humans and earth. These handmade vessels are there to cultivate a like-minded community, generate creative expressions, and inspire a life lived boldly."
free & easy returns
Keep what you like. Send back what you don't. Returnable in original condition within 30 days with free return shipping.
unreal customer service
Have a question? We live and breathe this stuff. Email[email protected]and we'll get back to you ASAP.
The Best Price Guaranteed
Find a better price up to 7 days after your purchase and we'll match it.