Handmade with soul in the heart of the American midwest
In their Winona, Minnesota wood shop the crew at Sanborn Canoe Company craft paddles, canoes and other gear that’s built by hand for the canoe life. The Prospector Canoe is built in the tradition of other Prospectors with a generous capacity and versatile, all-around design that’s great for week-long canoe trips or just getting out on the water for the day.
Due to being handmade-to-order and having a large shipping size, Sanborn’s canoes can take up to eight weeks after purchase to arrive. Check above for an estimated delivery date. Available for shipping in the continental US only; excluded from any free shipping or promotional pricing offers.
- Versatile design is suited to many uses, from day trips to week-long canoe trips
- Excellent response and tracking
- Handmade to order in Sanborn’s Winona, MN workshop
- Built to last with premium materials and construction techniques
- Hull made from an extremely strong composite of carbon fiber, fiberglass and kevlar
- Classic Sanborn Canoe paint job for a bold style
- Caned seats for a comfortable ride
- Cherrywood decks and handles
- Cherrywood ribs
- Carbon fiber, kevlar and fiberglass composite layup
- Brass Sanborn Medallion
- Ash inner gunnels with cherry outer gunnels
- Ash and cane seats
- Ash yoke and thwart
- Brass stems
- Gel-coat finish
- Beam: 34”
- Depth: 14”
- Bow Height: 25”
- Rocker: 3.5”
- Length: 16”
- Approximate Weight: 57 lb
- Capacity: 900 lb
This item is not eligible for return or exchange
unreal customer service
Have a question? We live and breathe this stuff. Email[email protected]and we'll get back to you ASAP.
The Best Price Guaranteed
Find a better price up to 7 days after your purchase and we'll match it.