An iconic design, made in France since 1938
The stripes on a Breton shirt were originally designed to help sailors pick out a fellow mariner who had fallen overboard. They’ve since become an iconic French design, worn by everyone from John Wayne to James Dean to Audrey Hepburn to Andy Warhol to Pablo Picasso to — well, you get the idea.
The Breton is an ultra-versatile piece that’ll come in handy in all four seasons. Wear it boldly to the lake for a summertime cookout, and then in the fall and winter layer over it to give your outfit a subtle, patterned accent. Made from the softest combed cotton that Armor Lux spins, dyes and combs themselves, we humbly advise picking up a couple, because, if our experience is any indicator, one simply won’t be enough.
- Casual striped style favored by style icons like James Dean, John Wayne and Pablo Picasso
- Year-round versatility: wear on it’s own for a bold striped look in the warmer months, layer on top of it for a patterned accent in colder months
- Classic mariner fit, slightly short and wide through the body
- Designed and produced in Quimper, France, where Armor Lux has been based since 1938
- Crewneck, short sleeve design
- Embroidered Armor Lux patch at bottom left front
- 100% cotton, spun, woven, dyed and combed by Armor Lux
- The Breton Shirt has a trim fit that’s true to size
- For a more relaxed fit, consider taking one size larger than your normal shirt size
free & easy returns
Keep what you like. Send back what you don't. Returnable in original condition within 30 days with free return shipping.
unreal customer service
Have a question? We live and breathe this stuff. Email[email protected]and we'll get back to you ASAP.
The Best Price Guaranteed
Find a better price up to 7 days after your purchase and we'll match it.