Grilled Cocktail Recipe
With summer winding down and fall fast approaching, there are only a handful of barbecues left in the season — so it's especially crucial that you make the most of them. Sure, you could toss a few High Lifes in a cooler and call it a day, but why not impress your buds with an Old-Fashioned cocktail that's grilled inside of a pineapple? That's right, a pineapple. The champagne of beers never even stood a chance. Don't fall back into your same old routine, mix it up and give this strange recipe the old college try.
The Grilled Pineapple Old-Fashioned
Ingredients (3-4 Cocktails Per Pineapple)
· 2 oz. whiskey
· 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
· 1 brown sugar cube (1 tsp)
1. Core a fresh whole pineapple and char inside with whiskey (Eric Tecosky, the inventor of the recipe, uses Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey Barrel Proof to char)
2. Grill pineapple slices
3. Add one slice back into pineapple and add cocktail ingredients
4. Grill whole pineapple over medium flame for 5-7 min.
5. While grilling, char outside of pineapple for 15-20 seconds
6. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 min.
7. Fine strain contents into service bottle
8. Pour 2 oz. of liquid into mixing glass over ice
9. Stir until cold and strain over fresh ice, garnish with a grilled pineapple slice, enjoy.
This recipe originally appeared
Special thanks to our friends over there for keeping us well hydrated.