Diversions + Tunes: January 9th, 2015

From an inside look at one of our favorite directors to a daring hostage rescue, this week's Diversions + Tunes has it all
Hero favela header

Jan 9, 2015 | By HB HQ

1. THE DE-CLASSIFIED HOSTAGE RESCUE: How the Colombian army communicated to hostages via a pop song before their harrowing rescue. / The Verge

2. DOING BATTLE ON CAPITAN: Two climbers are attempting to make history on what has been called "the hardest climb in the world." / NY Times

3. MAXIMIZE YOUR SLEEP: 75% of those over 30 report not getting enough sleep. Here's how to be in the remaining 25%. / Valet Mag

4. ELON MUSK AMA: The founder of PayPal, SpaceX and Tesla Motors answers all in our favorite Internet townhall. / Reddit

5. WASTED: How the craft-beer movement abandoned Jim Koch (and his beloved Sam Adams). / Boston Magazine

6. INSIDE THE MIND OF CHRISTOPHER NOLAN: In which we learn that one of our favorite directors doesn't have an email address or cell phone. / Hollywood Reporter